Title: Oracle Database Administrator / Developer
Department: IT Managed Services/Business Intelligence
Reports to: Director, IT Managed Services
Status: Full Time
Headquartered in Toronto, Sapien Information Services is a leading provider of hosted services and next generation applications for interactive marketing, business intelligence, customer data integration and communications. Our energetic team of senior strategic thinkers and technical consultants provides ground breaking analytical business and customer intelligence data solutions and communications tools for major high profile clients, in a variety of industries.
We have exciting growth plans for the business and are looking for dynamic professionals to help us make our plans a reality. If you are an energetic and self-motivated professional who is passionate about pushing the boundaries of your own knowledge and expertise, talk to us about growing yourself and your career.
We have a welcoming culture and a reputation for accountability and innovation. Our diverse projects, fun environment and passion for our customers will enable you to contribute your ideas, affect change and grow your personal sphere of influence. We are presently looking for a Oracle Database Administrator / Developer to join our team.
This function is responsible for supporting large Oracle Databases in an efficient, timely and error-free manner. The resource will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and support of multiple databases in production, staging and development environments. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for data modeling, performance tuning and on-going monitoring, as well as for providing support to development teams and to develop new or maintain existing programs.
- Work as primary DBA with production databases, ensuring their optimum performance, high availability and security.
- Perform Oracle installations, monitoring, tuning and capacity planning
- Develop procedures and processes to support common business objects within an N-Tiered architecture
- Work with individuals across the organization to build requirements and architect solutions to support business requirements
- Develop data models and lead SQL development for client projects
- Document code and design support documentation
- Participate in establishing project plans and estimating work
- Participate in the application functional design process
Specific Technology Skills
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of previous/proven experience as Oracle DBA
- At least 5 years of previous/proven experience in Oracle PLSQL development
- At least 5 years of previous/proven experience in Database and Data Warehouse design and development including Data Mart structures and SQL coding
- Experience with CRM and marketing data warehouse implementations
- Experience providing support for disaster recovery exercises (or actual disaster recoveries)
- Experience with OLAP tools required. Knowledge of Oracle OLAP, Discovery and Reporting tools
- Must be efficient in Oracle PLSQL and TSQL programming
- Thorough working knowledge of Oracle Database Servers 9i, 10g and 11g, PLSQL, Oracle Application Server with Portal, Discoverer, Oracle Reports, MS SQL and MySQL databases
- Working knowledge of ETL tools and experience with Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Knowledge of statistics and data mining is a plus
- This individual will be a team leader
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem determination, analysis and resolution skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Decision Making: Must be able to properly prioritize projects and problems according to established guidelines
- Communicate with account team and internal customers to define/clarify business requirements.
- Communicate changing status of projects to production or project manager and internal customers on a timely basis.
- Communicate status and escalate problems as necessary according to defined guidelines.
- Work and communicate in a professional, team environment with other IT staff members.
Qualified Candidates are asked to send their resumes to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls or faxes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.